Enhancer of the Month: Cardamom
Cardamom, relatives of ginger and turmeric, is famously known for its use in treating mouth ulcers, digestive problems and even depression (if you can believe that!). Cardamom can be used to to counteract stomach problems like nausea, acidity, bloating, gas, heartburn, loss of appetite and constipation. It helps the body eliminate waste like salt, toxins, excess water due to its diuretic properties, meaning its ability to produce the excretion of urine, that clean out to urinary tract, bladder and kidneys. Cardamom also significantly lowers blood pressure and prevents dangerous blood cots due to its fiber quantity. But wait! There’s more! Cardamom also has anti-flammatory properties that limit pain and swelling for your aches and pains like headaches, arthritis etc. The plant also acts as an antioxidant and eliminates growth of viruses and infections.
- famously known for use in treatment for mouth ulcers, digestive problems and even depression
- Similarly to ginger, Cardamom can be used to counteract digestive problems like nausea, acidity, bloating, gas, heartburn, constipation and more.
- Cardamom helps the body eliminate waste due to its diuretic properties that clean out the urinary tract, bladder and kidneys ultimately removing waste, salt, and toxins, while also combating infections.
- As a diuretic and fiber spice, Cardamom significantly lowers blood pressure and prevents dangerous blood clots.
- Like ginger and turmeric, its relatives, cardamom has some anti-inflammatory properties that limit pain and swelling, as well eliminating the growth of viruses and acting as an antioxidant.